Friday, 30 June 2017

Roti Jala


I have to admit that I do love roti jala; to some may know that roti jala is part from my menu for my catering.

Roti jala usually in my family serve during raya celebration on the first day. Its more like a tradition that my mum does every year. The fact that I love roti jala I learned to make it by my mum.


Well, I didn't make a nice jala until I started getting orders and I do almost everyday to perfect my lacy. When I started doing my Jala, i do really need to stand there and wait for it for hours but as i learn time to time..I managed to control the timing, the fire and the method, most of all the patience of doing it. 


Roti Jala Recipe: 

1 1/2 cup fine flour/all purpose flour
1 egg
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups of water 
1/4 salt
1 tbsp of vegetable oil


Instruction

Add all the ingredients into the blender. So you're able to get the smooth texture like making pancakes.

1. Heat up the flat pan with medium heat.
2. Pour some batter into the mold and transfer the mold to the pan.
3. As the batter flows through the holes make a lacy round around the pan to form net pattern
4. Cook for 2 minutes only bottom part., transfer the roti jala out and fold side by side and roll it. 
5. Serve with warm chicken curry. 


1 comment:

  1. My fav to Shaz. Perfect pairing with the curry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo