The first day of Eid me and hubby prepared rendang daging, ayam,
, ketupat , chicken curry, dalcha and roti harrisa . It might sound a lot, but the first day of Eid is all the family members will be at my place. jala
Roti Jala has been a tradition in my family since younger days. And I want to remain the tradition.
Also known as lacy pancake, is one of Malaysian favorite pancakes and usually serve with chicken curry with bits of potatoes.
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cups water
1/4 cup coconut milk
Drop of yellow color/turmeric powder
1. Mix together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and turmeric powder
2. Slowly add water and coconut and continue stirring until well combined.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well
4. Strain the batter to remove lumps
5. Lightly grease a flat pan over low heat.
6. Using a
roti jala maker, drip the batter onto the pan in circles to form the lacy design.
7. Cook until set, 2 minutes and transfer straight onto the plate
8. Fold into triangles or roll up.
9. Serve with chicken curry.
Below is the
roti jala maker