Recipe adapted by Nava-k
1 cup prawn shells/heads
6-8 fresh prawns - de-vein, leave the tail on and pat dry.
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 cup fish ball, cut into two
1-2 pieces dried tamarind/asam keping (can replace with tamarind juice)
1/4 cup oil
Salt for taste
Bean sprouts to serving, rinse.
For the curry paste
1 tbsp plain
1 tbsp fish curry powder (or as needed)
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp onion paste
** Mix all together
For assembling (as needed)
Noodles - blanched to soften
Coriander leaves - sliced
1. Simmer prawn shells/heads with 1
Drain and keep aside.
2. Season prawns with salt and fry in oil till crispy.
Remove and keep aside.
3. In the same oil, fry curry paste till aromatic and oil splits.
4. Pour in stock, add tamarind, season with salt and continue to simmer.
5. When the stock starts to boil, pour coconut milk and add tofu, fish ball,
Simmer for another 1-2 mins.
6. Meanwhile, assemble noodles with fried prawns and coriander leaves.
Pour gravy/curry over and serve immediately.
The original recipe you can hop over Nava-k page. The recipe inquires very few ingredients but I can't help myself having the real prawn curry mee. I use the exact recipe just added the extra ingredients.