Making the right ingredients for the
Preparing the paste is not that hard and you definitely can get the ingredients at the market. What you need to have the perfect paste; lemongrass, green chili, garlic, onion, galangal, salt, ginger. coriander, turmeric, water, bergamot. Blend or whisk it in the food processor.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp green curry paste (according to taste)
1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
400 ml coconut milk
Good shake of Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
2 green eggplant, roasted
To make your green curry paste
Peel and roughly chop the garlic and ginger
• Set aside a few sprigs of fresh coriander
• Whiz the rest in a food processor with the lemongrass stalks, onions, chilies, garlic, ginger, coriander, until everything is finely chopped.
• While whizzing, pour in the fish sauce
• Blend again until you have a smooth paste
• If you don’t have a food processor, chop everything by hand as finely as you can.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute, . Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the fish. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce or soy sauce and bring to a simmer, cooking for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in the coriander and lime juice. Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if needed.
is now best left to sit for a few minutes so the sauce becomes creamier. You will also taste the true flavors of the curry paste ingredients when it's slightly cooler. Serve with lots of fragrant Thai jasmine rice.
Serve with steamed white rice and you’re ready to enjoy!