Ravioli? to be honest I never made this before. Always thought Ravioli is not any easy pasta to deal with, consume more time. But not at all, its really easy and simple way to prepare this filling pasta. Its soft, tender, delicious filling.
As we'll know that Ravioli are a traditional type of Italian filled pasta. They are composed of a filling sealed between two layers of thin egg pasta dough and are served either in broth or with a pasta sauce.
When I posted this photo on my personal Facebook, my friends was impressed and one of them said he always store-bought it. But the best part is I never seen one in store..that's the reason I made it. haha..
Fresh Pasta Dough for Ravioli
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 - 2 tablespoons water (optional)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
1. In a food processor, combine flour, 2 eggs, and salt. Cover and process until well mixed. If necessary, with processor running, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water through feed tube until mixture forms a dough. Remove dough and shape into a ball.* On a lightly floured surface, knead dough about 1 minute or until smooth. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-inch square. (If using a pasta machine, pass each portion through machine according to the manufacturer's directions until dough is 1/16 inch thick.)
3. To shape ravioli, in a small bowl, combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside. Cut rolled dough into 2-inch-wide strips. Brush strips lightly with egg mixture. Leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges, place about 1 teaspoon of filling at 1-inch intervals on one strip of dough. Lay a second strip of dough, brushed side down, over the first. Using your fingers, press the dough around each mound of filling so that the two moistened strips stick together. Cut dough between filling to make individual ravioli. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
4. To cook ravioli, in a Dutch oven, bring a large amount of salted water to boiling. Gently drop about one-fourth of the ravioli, one at a time, into the boiling water and stir to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to a serving dish.
3 chicken sausage, diced
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup fresh milk
3 tbsp pepper ( can put more if you prefer)
1. Add in the cheese & milk into a medium heat pan slowly stir it. As you see the cheese melt, Add in the sausage.
2. Combine the sausage with cheese together until all mix together. Lastly, sprinkle in the pepper. Stir for 2 minutes and turn it off.
7 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 large onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan, cook tomatoes and basil over medium-low heat until tomatoes are soft.
Meanwhile, in medium skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
Add onion mixture to tomato mixture and add salt and pepper. Let simmer on low heat until thick.