Bread- Real Bread, that is, needs only four ingredients : flour, yeast, water & salt. To make a great bread always needs a great flour. As we'll know there is few types of flours; white strong bread flour, fine whole wheat flour, strong whole wheat flour, rye flour, rice flour etc..
When you making your own bread, always used strong white bread flour instead of all purpose flour because it gives you a better textured-loaf.
This delicious healthy Beetroot Bread is nice to eat by itself or turn into delicious sandwiches.
3 1/2 cup strong white bread flour
2 tsp fine salt
3 tsp fresh yeast or 2 tsp dry yeast
10 1/2 fl oz water
5 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup beetroot, grated
2x400 g loaf tins or 800g loaf tin
a little flour for dusting or egg wash
a handful of ice cubes or cold water for steaming the oven
1. First combine the flour, salt and beetroot. You can do this either in a bowl or on a clean kitchen surface. Then make a well in the centre.
2. Crumble up the yeast and add it to the water, stirring it in that it dissolves. Pour the yeasted water into the well along with the oil. Next start incorporating the flour. You can use your hands, a spatula, or a fork. The dough will begin to come together into a ball. At this point, turn it out on a clean kitchen surface.
3. Knead it until the dough becomes stronger and flexible. If the dough its firm and tight you can add a little water. Knead until it become elastic and no longer sticky.
4. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover the bowl with a damp cloth. Leave warm for about 60-90 minutes.
5. Once your dough has reach the optimum stage of proving, simply turn the dough out on to a clean kitchen surface and punch it down and fold the outside edges into the middle.
6. Add your dough into your loaf tin and bake for about 35-45 minutes.
Tips on how to store your bread : CLICK HERE