Salted caramel glazed donut. Last month I did soft donut cover with dusting sugar, this time its still the same donut dough recipe but cover with Salted Caramel. This delicious glazed goes well with other treats. Its also perfect for drizzle, sprinkle, dipping &topping. I totally love the taste; its sweet and salty at same time. Its just a perfect combination. Its just yummy.
1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp dry active yeast
2/4 cup of milk
1. Dissolve yeast in the warm water and set it aside until it gets frothy. Combined flour, sugar, salt together and mix it well.
2. Add in egg, margarine, yeast mixture and vanilla. Turn on the mixer and slowly drizzle in the milk until dough comes together (if dough is too soft add in a few tbsp more flour) Continue to knead until you get nice smooth dough. Cover the bowl with a dry kitchen towel and let it rise for an hour or double its size at a warm place.
3. Punch down the dough and remove onto a floured work tabletop. Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick and cut the dough out into rounds with a donuts cutter.
4. Let the dough rise again for about 30 minutes or until they feel light and spongy. Heat oil for deep-frying over medium heat. Slip a few donuts into the oil at a time, leaving enough room for them to expand. Make sure that the oil is not too hot otherwise the donuts will not be cooked inside.
5. When the donuts are golden brown, turn them over and cook the other side. It takes about 2–3 minutes to cook through. When donuts are done, remove from oil and drain the oil on paper towels before rolling them in sugar or glaze of your choice.
Salted Caramel Recipe:
2 cups of vanilla sugar/ white sugar
12 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp fine sea salt
1. Heat 2 cups of sugar, over medium heat- high heat.Whisk constantly, the sugar will start to melt and as it transform. Just continue whisking.
2. All the sugar will start to melt, you will be able to get the delicious smell. Continue whisking for about 4 minutes.
3. Add the butter one by one and continue whisking. Once all the butter are well combined remove it from the heat. Add the heavy cream and whisk until the caramel is smooth. Lastly add in the salt and whisk them all together.
* All ready to start dipping* yum yum..
In the next post, I'll share the salted caramel recipe.