Last few weeks, I was running through some dessert recipes. I have lots of chocolate chips, I don't want to waste them, so I make lots of cookies..chocolate chip, red velvet chocolate chip, double chip double layers...and so on..
Double chocolate chip cookie is one of my favourite cookie :)
Its easy to make and the best part I love the crunchiness in it, bite after bite.
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dark chocolate chip
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda
Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
- Scoop out using ice cream scoop and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.