This is my first try making Cinnamon Rolls, I was surfing through the net finding the easiest way to make this. I found this page http://savorysweetlife.com/, I fall in love by her cinnamon rolls photo.
recipe adapted by : savorysweetlife.com
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Author: Savory Sweet Life
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 90 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 1 hour 50 mins
Soft, fluffly, homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.
1 cup warm milk (115 degrees F)
1 egg (room temperature), slightly beaten
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3½ cups flour plus more for dusting
1 (.25 ounce) package (2¼ tsp) instant dry yeast
½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
1½ cups powdered sugar
- In a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl, add milk, egg, melted butter, oil, sugar, and salt. Add flour on top of all the liquid mixture sprinkling yeast on top. Using the dough hook, knead bread mixture on speed 3 until dough is smooth and elastic adding additional flour as needed (approx. 5-7 min.). Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a wet towel. Allow the dough to rise until doubled in size, approximately 1 hour in a warm area. *Hint: I typically preheat my oven to 200 degrees while dough is kneading and turn the oven off when kneading is complete. From there, I stick my covered bowl into the oven and leave the oven door cracked open to allow the dough to rise.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon – set aside. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle slightly larger than a 9×13 pan (rectangle). Spread surface evenly with melted butter. and sprinkle sugar mixture on top. Use your hands to make the entire surface is evenly coated. Beginning with the long side, roll dough pinching the seam to seal.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut (I like using dental floss) into 12 equal slices and place them in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar on medium-high speed for three minutes. Set aside.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Frost with icing.