So today I prepared Gulai Ayam or Ayam masak Asam Pedas. Gulai are known among the Malay and Nyonya dish. Its the most simple, easy and delicious to make it. Mainly serve with hot rice :)
Ingredients A (blend all)
- 20 dried chilies, soaked in a hot water
- 2 small shallot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup tamarind
- 1 tsbp Fenugreek
- 1 stalk lemongrass -smash
- 1 palm of leaves kesom
- 1 tomato - cut into four
- 1 litre water or half of it
- salt and sugar, to taste
- Heat the pot with oil, slowly put the fenugreek and ingredients A into the pot. Stir for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the tamarind, stir for 3 minutes. Pour the water, lemongrass and keep on stirring until it comes to boil.
- Put in the chicken, leaves kesom and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes. And lastly put in the tomato, sugar and salt together. Serve hot.